Monday, June 13, 2011

Morning Arrives

What seemed like an eternal day ended last night. It still seems odd to think about that my day started early Sunday morning in Marvin and ended late Monday night in Beijing. I understand the opposite will occur on the flight back as my flight plan calls for me to land in Chicago 45 minutes after taking off from Shanghai.

The hotel room is very nice. Our hotel's name roughly translates to "Temple of Heaven." The Tian Tan Hotel. We are on the seventh floor with our room overlooking the city.

Last night after video-conferencing with the CHS staff via Skype (8PM here is 8AM there), we went for a quick walk around the area.

There is a lot of neon lighting on most buildings we have encountered.

Our Guide says that this roughly translates to "Love the Army, Love the Peoples."

I am off to breakfast and a full day of sightseeing including "The Forbidden City." I hope your day is full as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment